Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the whole of this this site
I. In these circumstances:
‘Client’ Means the person for whom The Company has agreed to provide Services in accordance with these Conditions
‘Contract’ Means the contract offered for the provision of the services
‘Services’ Means the registration of original works, the issuing of an English Copyright Certificate © and the duplication of the named composition or work to support and substantiate copyright ownership in any case of dispute.
‘Certificate’ Means an English Copyright Certificate © issued by The Company as verification of registration with The Company
‘Registration’ Means the means the provision services of an autonomous witness service for all compositions or work submitted by the Client.
• II. The headings in these conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
The Company shall provide the Services to the client subject to these Conditions.
The client will be notified of any changes to these conditions. Unless the contrary is indicated by the client in writing within six weeks, the Company will consider the services to have been accepted. Any changes requested by the client to the registration services provided must be agreed in writing by a senior manager of The Company.
• II. The Client shall provide The Company with all necessary data or other information relating to the Services within sufficient time to enable The Company to provide the Services in a professional manner with minimal delay. The Client shall ensure the clarity and accuracy of all such data and information The Company requires to process and complete the registration of any submitted work. The Client is responsible for checking any Certificates provided by The Company, and must notify The Company within 28 days of any discrepancies or inconsistencies, these shall be rectified free of any charge and a new English Copyright Certificate will be issued. With the exception of updates to Client contact information, no other changes will be permitted, and in particular no updates or amendments to Registrations shall be allowed.
• III. The Client shall if so requested by The Company provide (in the structure specified by The Company) any statement necessary for the purposes of obtaining the consent or authorisation which The Company might be required to obtain by any competent authority to facilitate in the provision of its services.
• IV. The Services shall be provided in accordance with The Company’s existing practice as described on the Company web site www.songrite.com and in any literature The Company produces that has a bearing on the Services offered by The Company subject to these Conditions.
• V. Additional advice or guidance concerning the Services we provide or further details of the terms or management of the Services may be made available on request. • VI. The Company may without any accountability to the Client make such alterations to any promotional literature, prices or other documents relating to the provision of the Services if in its unconditional judgment it believes such amendments are necessary to rectify any typographical or other errors or omissions.
• VII. The Company may at any time without notifying the Client make any changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable security or other statutory requirements or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the Services.
• VIII. For storage, security, insurance, and data integrity purposes, The Company may generate back-up copies of registered works if it is feasible to do so. Submitted ‘original’ copies may be discarded due to storage requirements, but only after a secure back up has been made. In all cases any Client or Registration data will be considered confidential, and treated accordingly.
• IX. Duplicate works can be provided on request of the Client, and will demonstrate the full content of the registered item(s), but may be produced on a medium other than that submitted, (normally this will be an electronic media form).
. X . You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature to songrite.com. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
. X1. You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
. X11. Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
Prices / Fees.
I. The Company shall be at liberty to increase Prices from time to time, these will be published or made available to the Client on request and shall apply immediately to any new transactions after the increases have been put into place.
I. The company has a legal obligation under the Data Protection Act to ensure that all information held and processed complies with the principles of that Act. The Act requires that all personal information is treated in the strictest of confidence and used only for the purposes we have made you aware of. Songrite Copyright Office © remains committed to our clients needs and expectations and will continue in our quest to protect the creators of original works / compositions ensuring their rights are not infringed in any way.
Warranties and Liability.
I. The Company affirms to the Client that the Services offered will be provided with the utmost care and attention as far as is practically possible.
• II. The Company shall have no liability to the Client for any loss damage costs expenses or other claims for compensation arising from any data, information supplied by the Client which is incomplete, inaccurate, illegible or submitted in a manner, media or mode The Company finds is not compatible with it’s registration systems. All submitted work is verified and dated the instant it is received. The company will not back date or falsify registration and will record only the data and information provided by the Client in the belief that the details submitted are true and accurate.
• III. The Company shall not be accountable to the Client or be considered to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of The Company’s obligations in relation to the Services if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond The Company’s reasonable control.
• IV. The Client warrants that any data or other information provided and its use by The Company for the purpose of providing the Services will not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party and the Client shall indemnify The Company against any loss damages costs expenses or other claims arising from any such infringement.
• V. The Company’s Service is as an independent witness and intended as an aid in the proof of copyright. No guarantee, warranty or liability is given or implied and the responsibility of proving copyright remains with the Client. The Company will not enter into any legal issues on the Client’s behalf other than providing copies of certificates and work the Client’s request.
I. The Client shall be entitled to terminate the Contract by giving not less than three months’ written notice to The Company, but should be advised that this shall terminate the Registration, that items deposited with The Company for the purposes of carrying out its Services shall not be returned, and that payment will not be refunded for early termination.
• II. Either party may (without limiting any other remedy) at any time terminate the Contract by giving written notice to the other if the other commits any breach of these conditions and (if capable of remedy) fails to remedy the breach within 30 days after being required by written notice to do so or if the other goes into liquidation or (in the case of an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt makes a voluntary arrangement with his or its creditors or has a receiver or administrator appointed. • General • I. These Conditions (together with any terms, if any, set out at the time of purchase or in the Estimate (if any)) constitute the entire agreement between the parties superseding any previous agreement or understanding and may not be varied except in writing between the parties. All other terms and conditions express or implied by statute or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• II. Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Conditions shall be in writing addressed to the other party at its registered office or principal place of business or such other address as may at the relevant time have been notified pursuant to this provision to the party giving the notice.
• III. No failure or delay by either party in exercising any of its rights under the Contract shall be deemed to be a waiver of that right and no waiver by either party of any breach of the contract by the other shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
• IV. If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be effected.
• V. Any dispute arising under or in connection with these Conditions or the provision of the Services shall be referred to arbitration by a single arbitrator appointed by agreement or (in default) nominated on the application of either party in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration Act 1996.
• VI. English law shall apply to the Contract and the parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. V1.6
. V2. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Songrite Copyright Office Ltd. Registered Office 20-22, Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU